In consideration of the operational costs paid and the covenants contained herein, Freedom Aviation, LLC., hereinafter referred to as the “Operator,” hereby leases to the “Renter” the designated aircraft(s) hereinafter referred to as the Renter. Due to airport policies and insurance requirements, renter fully understands Freedom Aviation, LLC. Is NOT a for profit flight school, nor aircraft rental entity. You are borrowing this aircraft for your own personal use agreeing to reimburse the operator, Freedom Aviation, LLC. operational costs of aircraft operation. Those expenses include, but are not limited to, fuel, operator cost, maintenance reserve, engine overhaul fund, ADS/B mandatory 2020 avionics upgrades, etc. Insurance does allow flight training to be conducted in any aircraft operated by Freedom Aviation, LLC.
A. (1) Renter acknowledges and agrees that the aircraft is the property of the Operator. (2)Renter acknowledges that he has inspected the aircraft and has found it to be in good mechanical condition and airworthy. (3)Renter agrees to return the aircraft at the scheduled time, weather permitting. (4)Renter agrees to properly secure the aircraft after each flight. (5)Renter shall agree to not hold Freedom Aviation, LLC. or any officers of the company responsible for any accident or loss attributed to pilot error, weather, or any other unforeseeable conditions in which, Freedom Aviation, LLC. has no control over. (6)Renter agrees that there are inherent risks associated with aviation, they fully understand taking the plane at their own risk.
B. Renter expressly acknowledges personal liability to pay Operator on demand: (1) Service and time charges computed at the applicable posted rates until said aircraft is returned to Freedom Aviation, LLC., (2)Any loss or damage to the aircraft, its components, parts or equipment during the borrowed period. (3)The amount of any parking, tie-down, or hangar charges until the aircraft is returned to Freedom Aviation, LLC.,
C. Renter agrees not to tamper with, molest, or attempt to repair any parts of the aircraft or its accessories, but will telephone the operator for instructions upon encountering mechanical malfunctions.
D. If the aircraft is abandoned away from the home base airport, the Renter will be charged pilot expenses plus flight time at dual rates to return the aircraft to home base.
E. Renter agrees to report any aircraft damage, accident or incident to the Operator as soon as possible.
F. Renter agrees that borrowed aircraft shall not be used or operated: (1) For any illegal purposes. (2) In any race, speed test, or contest. (3) By any person other than the Renter who signed the agreement or made reservation. (4) Outside the limits of the Continental United States (5) To carry passengers or property for compensation or hire. (6) For any flight for which the Renter is not properly rated or certified.
G. Renter agrees to reimburse the Operator in the event suit is instituted by the Operator to recover possession or to enforce any of the terms, covenants, and conditions hereof, or to collect any sum of money, damages, or cost and reasonable attorney’s fees incurred by the Operator in such suit or suits.
H. Renter, by affixing his signature hereon, does agree to follow the following flight operations safety rules, emergency maintenance procedures and insurance provisions.
I.Renters agree to the cancellation and no-show policy of, any cancellation inside 12 hours with no prior communication will be responsible for a charge equal to 1 hour of flight. Any no-show reservations will be charged for the entire block of time the plane was scheduled for. Renters may be terminated from the list of authorized users.
FLIGHT OPERATIONS SAFETY RULES
* Pilot Certificate – Renter must hold a valid and current pilot certificate with appropriate ratings. The person named on the borrowed contract shall be the pilot in command. The Renter will fly the aircraft from the left seat and he/she will be responsible for the aircraft and its operation at all times.
* Currency – Renter must possess evidence of a current biennial flight review (BFR), medical certificate, and aircraft checkout by a pilot designated by the Operator.
Preflight – Renter will personally conduct a preflight inspection of the aircraft as prescribed by the manufacturer. Renter shall use the manufacturer’s recommended pre-takeoff, cruise and pre-landing checklists.
* Weather – Renter shall plan to operate the aircraft only when the present and forecasted weather indicates VFR conditions local and en route (ceiling of at least 3,000 feet and visibility 5 miles or greater) unless Renter is instrument rated, current for IFR and specifically approved by the Operator for IFR flight. No flight operations may commence if surface winds are forecasted or reported to be above 19 KTS at any time.
* Take-off and landing area – No take-off or landing shall be made on any area other than the runways of an airport designed, constructed, maintained, and used as an airport with PAVED runways of no less than 2,300 feet.
* Physical conditions – Renter shall not operate the aircraft for a period of at least 12 hours after using intoxicating substances such as liquor, tranquilizers, and sleeping aids.
* The Renter will comply with all local, state and federal regulations.
TRANSIENT MAINTENANCE POLICY
At Freedom Aviation, LLC., , we make every effort to keep our fleet of borrowed aircraft in excellent mechanical condition. However, an occasional breakdown may occur while away from our facility. The following policies regarding the level of reimbursement for repairs while the aircraft is away from KCHD will apply should a breakdown occur. * In the event of a breakdown, notify Freedom Aviation, LLC., of the problem immediately. If maintenance personnel are not available leave your name, aircraft number and telephone number where you can be contacted.
* Do not authorize any repairs to be made to the aircraft without clearance from the Freedom Aviation, LLC., representative. Failure to do so could result in the Renter being responsible for a portion of the bill.
* Freedom Aviation, will not reimburse the Renter for any overtime charges, call-out fees, or any other after-hours charges made by the maintenance facility. Other expenses incurred by the Renter as a result of a mechanical delay such as borrowed cars, hotel rooms, meals, airline fare, etc. will not be reimbursed.
Freedom Aviation, LLC., will reimburse the Renter for fuel purchased at KCHD city pump rate per gallon, provided that the Renter presents a fuel receipt from the place of purchase that shows the number of gallons purchased. All repairs and fueling will be made by properly licensed facilities and personnel.
NOTICE OF INSURANCE COVERAGE As a Renter of an aircraft, the undersigned Operator hereby provides notice that:
3)You are insured under a policy or policies of insurance provided by the undersigned Operator and providing liability coverage in the following amount: $1,000,000.00 each occurrence.
2) You are insured under a policy or policies of insurance provided by the undersigned Operator for single limit including $100,000.00 per person all Bodily Injury each occurrence. Student and Renter liability is $100,000.00 each occurrence.
3) AIRCRAFT PHYSICAL DAMAGE INSURANCE IN FAVOR OF THE PILOT IS NOT MAINTAINED. Renter expressly acknowledges that he is not an “insured” for any damage to the aircraft under any insurance contract or policy in the name of or for the benefit of the Operator and he/she is personally responsible for any and all damages to the aircraft that occur during the borrowed period. Renter will be responsible for any reasonable loss of revenue for the time the aircraft is damaged until returned to service. Hence, Renters are encouraged to consider purchasing an “Aircraft Renters Insurance Policy” from an independent insurance company to protect themselves in situations where they may be found to be negligent or responsible for damages.
I HAVE READ AND I UNDERSTAND THE ABOVE CONVENANTS, RESTRICTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS OF THE BORROWED AGREEMENT. I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE RECEIVED A COPY OF THIS AGREEMENT.